Sunday, November 4, 2007

March on Chicago!

Well, last weekend I went to Chicago. It wasn't a ordinary trip to Chicago. It was the United for Peace and Justice's march in the Midwest against the Iraq War. It was an amazing experience; one I will always remember. There were thousands of people. The police, almost 300 of them present at the march, estimated that there were 5,000 people at the march. UFPJ estimated 30,000. The Chicago March was only one of 11 marches around the country; being the 2nd biggest (next to New York City). Here are some of my pictures from the event:






I carried this sign ^^
You can find more of my pictures from the march by clicking here.

5 comments:

Noor said...

that seemed so cool, wish i cud go 2 that march I posted on YFCI :(

anyways um sure sum day, i'll go 2 something similar, :D
the 'Bush bin lyin, troops bin dyin' sign cracked me up

Zach Komes said...

i'm sure you will someday noor :D

haha, yeah that was one of the best signs there! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my god how COOL! I'd love to participate in a march like that!! It must have been such a great experience, loved ur sign!! :P May u have this march and tons more :)

"Go down Bush, go down Bush, vote for Obama.." Lol, joking, I don't know most of the candidates except for Hillary Clinton!

Zach Komes said...

Hehe, everyone knows Hillary Clinton :)

Thanks Vic, I hope so too :D

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!